The WY1 so beautiful you actually may find it hard to take them on stage, but please do. They are great sounding instruments both on and off stage and of course harness Yairi’s historic build quality, so gig away; they are super durable, unfailing instruments.
The WY1 has an extended dovetail neck construction that maximizes the energy transfer between the neck and body. It also allows for a wider range of rod adjustment and decreases the risk of any neck/body irregularities.
Further innovation comes with the Direct Coupled Bridge. This system really shows off the craftsmanship of which these guitars are made. The DC Bridge means the pins actually go into the top of the guitar, taking the vibration to the heart of the soundboard and at the same time hugely increasing the break angle from the saddle to the top. This increased down pressure raises string tension, giving the guitar a very responsive feel and adding quality to its volume and sustain.
Like all Yairi Masterworks this guitar is made from premium tone wood that has been seasoned naturally for 5 to 15 years in the perfect climate of Kani.
Kani is in the prefecture of Gifu in the hills north of Nagoya. This wood preparation and environment for building guitars is very important to the structural integrity of the instrument and will help to ensure decades of stability and performance from your Yairi.
- Alvarez-Yairi Stage
- Top Wood Solid AA Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Wood Rosewood
- Shape Folk/OM
- Neck One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish, Extended neck joint
- Bracing System FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge Rosewood Direct Coupled
- Inlays Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Purfling 1.5mm Paua Abalone
- Fingerboard Rosewood with 12th Abalone Fret Inlay
- Headstock Plate Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle Real Bone
- Tuner Gotoh Gold
- Binding Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins Ebony
- Strings D’Addario EXP
- Accessory Deluxe wood case
- Pickup / EQ LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up