HANDCRAFTED BEAUTY AND EXCELLENCE
The Yairi factory is in the small town of Kani, in the hills north of Nagoya, Japan. Here they have been making guitars for 80 years. The late Kazuo Yairi was one of the finest and most successful luthiers of our time and helped design and make Alvarez-Yairi guitars for nearly 50 years.
The pride within the factory is immediately evident. Floors are made of mahogany, some walls are rosewood tongue and groove, and furniture is hand carved by the luthiers. The amount of naturally seasoned tone wood is legendary and the production line marries time honored handmade craftsmanship with modern day design and processes.
Every neck is spoke shaved by hand, braces are carved and tops are tuned to perfection. Hide glues are used throughout, and attention to detail and quality of the build is incredible. Alvarez Yairi guitars are beautifully presented, wonderful sounding, luthier-made instruments, which in our opinion are some of the finest guitars in today’s market.
- Series Alvarez-Yairi Standard
- Top Wood Solid AA Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Shape Grand Auditorium
- Neck One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish, Extended neck joint
- Bracing System FST2
- Bridge Rosewood Direct Coupled
- Inlays Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Rosewood/12th Fret Inlay
- Headstock Plate Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle Real Bone
- Tuner Gotoh Chrome
- Binding Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins Ebony
- Strings D'Addario EXP16
- Accessory Deluxe wood case
- Pickup / EQ LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up