HANDCRAFTED BEAUTY AND EXCELLENCE
The Yairi factory is in the small town of Kani, in the hills north of Nagoya, Japan. Here they have been making guitars for 80 years. The late Kazuo Yairi was one of the finest and most successful luthiers of our time and helped design and make Alvarez-Yairi guitars for nearly 50 years.
The pride within the factory is immediately evident. Floors are made of mahogany, some walls are rosewood tongue and groove, and furniture is hand carved by the luthiers. The amount of naturally seasoned tone wood is legendary and the production line marries time honored handmade craftsmanship with modern day design and processes.
Every neck is spoke shaved by hand, braces are carved and tops are tuned to perfection. Hide glues are used throughout, and attention to detail and quality of the build is incredible. Alvarez Yairi guitars are beautifully presented, wonderful sounding, luthier-made instruments, which in our opinion are some of the finest guitars in today’s market.
- Series Alvarez-Yairi Masterworks
- Top WoodSolid AAA Sitka
- Back & Sides Wood Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Shape Dreadnought w/ Cutaway
- Neck One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish, Extended neck joint
- Bridge Ebony Direct Coupled
- Inlays Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Ebony with 12th AA Fret Inlay
- Headstock Plate Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle Real Bone
- Tuner Gotoh 510's Gold with Ebony Buttons
- Binding Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins Ebony
- Strings D'Addario EXP16
- Accessory Deluxe wood case