The Takamine TRI-AX2 is a direct plug-in for the CTP-1, CTP-2, CTP-3, CoolTube, and the CT4-DX. It is adjusted with the AUX slider control on the control panel.
It is used in passive mode when connected to the CoolTube but can also be used in active mode as a stand alone pickup system with its own volume control.
Note: For use in steel string guitars with soundhole diameter at least 3.55" or larger.
- Designed to augment the CoolTube pre-amp. Controlled with the CoolTube's aux. control.
- Switchable from active or passive operation with built-in volume control for active mode.
- Quiet and highly feedback resistant.
- Built-in class A all discrete preamplifier/line driver delivers superb noiseless performance under all conditions, either with the CoolTube or directly into any outboard equipment.
- Adjustable pole-pieces for perfect balance with smooth, threadless tops to protect fingernails.
- 1000 hours of battery life from a single CR2032 3V lithium coin cell.
- System matched to the Takamine CoolTube preamp.
- Proudly Made In The USA.
The package contains:
- One Tri-Ax Body Senstive Soundhole Magnetic Pickup
- One pre-wired strapjack assembly
- One CoolTube connection cable
- One 3/32" Allen Wrench
- Two spare 3/4" pole pieces
- One spare 3/8" pole piece
- Two self-stick wire clips